Thursday, July 2, 2009

Have a heart…save the female foetus!

I thought I’d be back again in a couple of days but, I just felt impelled to write this. As I dig into the facts and figures, the real picture appears and it is shocking! Here’re some of the facts that I’ve come across:

Affluent & educated states: low sex ratios – for every 1000 boys the girls in: Gujarat-878 / Delhi-865 / Mumbai-898
35,000 registered sex determination clinics
27 lac crimes related to illegal sex determination every year
Sex selection most likely when the first two children are girls

I really feel we need to take a stand against this. I’m going to use my account in Facebook to invite all of you out there to join the fight against female foeticide. Please have a heart, pledge against female foeticide!

No comments:

Post a Comment